Friday, April 18, 2014

Jesus Es Mi Luz


HOLA FAMILIA
 
Where oh where is the time going?? Its litterally going so fast.
 
I just ah...Grandpa. I know that he is loving it there...that is a great facility. But my little heart just aches. i wish i could be there to help.
 
I just want everyone to know that everyone in my district is jealous of the many letters i am getting! They take about to weeks to get here (even through dear elder) but ive gotten four letters in total. THANKS! sammys little handprints were the highlight of my whole districts day.
 
Dont tell Chloe but i sent her a letter to open on her baptism day. Will you let me know when it gets there??
 
It takes so long to click each picture individually to upload them! UGH.
 
I am so happy for Cannon!!! Mom, how cool to be there. I am so jealous.
So i wrote this little poem this week. Maybe its worthy of making it onto the fridge??
 
Beginners are many
but enders are few
stick to your task
til your task sticks to you!
 
maybe its better by the piano! haahaha. Who knew. Hermana Saylin. The poet.
 
ATTENTION ALL FHE ATTENDERS. Especially my little Scott Pot. You have to watch ¨La expiacion y la obra misional¨ i understnad that its in spanish but its really in english. so just...look it up on youtube. i could watch that a million times. Is anyone willing to find that talk by Elder Holland at the end of the clip?? Send it to me.
Speaking of sending things. Can anyone find me a list of the English hymns converted to spanish hymn page numbers???
 
Oh Chloe and Sophie and Sammy! I sing ï will go in do¨ in spanish all the time here. It helped my learn my future tense verb conjugations. It goes like this Ïre y hare lo que mande el senor, la via el preparara y obedecere.¨ sorry the accent marks dont work on this computer. Ask dad how to pronounce it and sing it all the time!!! I love it.
 
Holy guac. Its so cold here. and all i have is Honduras centered clothes. Whod have thought itd be in the 40s in MEXICO. Today it finally warmed up a little. So we can walk outside without shivering. CORY GERRARD. BRING THINGS TO KEEP YOU WARM. Thats an order.
 
We played hot potato with Hermano Zamilpa this week and instead of saying Ïts hot, its hot, its hot.¨He says ¨Se quema, se quema, se quema.¨ Which means like... Ïts on fire, its on fire...¨ Super cute. Love this latino culture. President Castillo told me before i left that the culture is different but that i just need to learn to love it... Well that wasnt hard. I didnt even have to work to love it. <That just comes naturally!
 
Okay Hermana Sausado came into our zone meeting and said in spanish ï am going to teach all of you to love spanish.¨ and we were like... okay. and then she taught us KOREAN. i am not kidding. by the end all of us were so thankful to be speaking spanish. I litterally almost cried over the whole new alphabet and strange sounds thing. THANK HEAVENS IM SPEAKING SPANISH.
 
If youre feeling nice, you could send me piano music.... i miss it. hahahha
 
My favorite saying is ¨es verdad es verdad! Tango fotos y todos!¨ Its true, its true! I have photos and everything!
 
Spanglish is a real language. Its spoken in the tropical island of the CCM.
 
The candy. Some is good. Some is nasty nast. Like this gross like spicy laffy taffy thing that the branch president made me eat. SICK NAST.
 
Mom, green skirt! I cant believe i left it behind. I would love it if i could have it.... also...packages take about 2 or 3 weeks to get here to the ccm. so if you wanted to mail it instead of making cory carry it, we still have time.
 
Chiste de la semana: ¨whats the difference between the CCM and jail?¨
in jail, you get visitors.
hahahahaha
 
So we have 2 new investigators. They are seperate...like we dont teach them together. Enrique y Sergio. Sergio plays rugby...and he talks really really fast. HIJOLE.
 
I said the first vision for the first time 2 days ago. I almost cried. I can speak spanish!! WHAT.????!!
 
Favorite thing this week. So as missionaries we always use the ¨usted¨ form for everything. You only use the tu form when talking to little kids or like youre best friend. But missionaries only use it for children. Its just more polite. But In spanish you use the ¨tu¨ form in prayer. It shows that you have a close relationship with God and signifies that the two of you are close. I love that. Every time i think about it i get a little teary eyed.
 
So we taught Isabel the plan of salvation like friday of last week and it was AMAZING. When i told her that she would see her little sisters again in heaven and that they were learing the same message of the gospel of jesus christ in heaven she just bawled. And then she testified to US that she knew that was true. Then we threw the baptism question in again and she just accepted it...no doubt about it. So cool.
 
I am going to be out of Benedryl before i leave the CCM. Seriously. I dont get bit by the mosquitos but i get bit by crazy wierd spiders todos los dias. Luckily the bugs are dying cause its so cold. Dad, I think your blessing is working already because some how i am survivng these strange spider bites! hahah
 
Elder perry spoke in the Provo MTC this tuesday night and it was broadcast to most the MTCs around the world. They said that 2700 missionaries were watching. WAY COOL. when they sang called to serve in english, we sang it in spanish. It just made me think of how many languages it was being sung in around the world at that very moment. The church is true no matter where you live. And whats even better? The spirit speaks every language. THANK GOODNESS.
 
Oh this part is cool. So the CCm is in the middle of the city. like smack middle. Two nighs ago there was a Mariachi band outside the 10 foot walls of the CCM and it was so fun!
 
 ¨testimony is a point of departure, not an ultimate destination!¨
¨if youre discouraged, youre listening to the wrong person.¨
 
Check out my dropbox video!
 
Hermano Zamilpa makes us do head shoulders knees and toes frequently to keep us all awake. Its called ¨Cabeza, cara, hombros, pies¨ we love it.
 
Oh! dad! the only thing we ever sing in our district is ¨Jesus es mi luz¨ we all love it so much. I always think of your little tribe in Argentina you taught when we sing that.
 
I love all of you so much! I miss you but not more than i love this work!
Being a missionary is the best thing that ever happened to me. I cant wait for all my best friends and favorite brothers (and hopefully sisters) to get this opertunity too!
 
Podemos saber por mediante del espiritu santo, que El Libro De Mormon es verdedaro. Dios restauro su evangelio a treves Jose Smith. Jesucristo es nuestro Redentor y salvador. El libro de mormon contiene la plenitud del evangelio. El evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero. Se que sin la expiacion no podemos regresar a Dios. Dios es nuestro amaroso padre celestial y nosotros somos sus hijos. Dios nos envio a la teirra para aprender y progressar. Yo se que esta es la Iglesia de Jesucristo.
 
Les amo mucho!
 
Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment