Monday, June 9, 2014

I can NOT believe I opened my call a year ago, June 5th. How can that possibly be??

Okay, I'm just really excited about this one investigator Lester so I am going to talk about him first. He is in Honduras because he is originally from here, but he's lived in the States for more than half of his life. Now he is around 29 years old. Anyway, his wife and two little boys are living in Sunnyside HOUSTON right now. However, he got kicked out of the States because he is illegal. We found him because he started speaking perfect English to us two white girls. He is the cousin of one of the members. Anyway, here is my plan. He is planning on going back to the States in about a month. So... 1.)  teach Lester  2.) baptize Lester 3.) send Lester back to the Texas Houston South Mission 4.) have the THSM missionaries teach his wife 5.) have them sealed in the Houston temple where my two missions can be joined forever and ever!!!!

I realize this is a dream that is going to take a miracle and also is a very much a Kate Saylin designed plan, but it would be awesome. I am sure the Lord's plan is just like this one don't you think?? We tried to have him read this verse in El Libro de Mormon and he said he couldnt really understand it.  He then  asked if we could teach him in English instead and if we had this book in English. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES that we are the only white companionship in the whole mission and we just happened to find one random guy that needs the lessons in English? God's hand is definitely in His work.

Okay, Eric Bautista was wearing an Eaglwood Golfcourse shirt this week. I told you they get all their clothes from the States. I was really excited.

Our companionship is now in constant Spanglish. Hermana O is worse than I am but we have had some pretty good laughs. We started this conversation once in English and ended it in Spanish.We are loving that both of us are bilingual. Super cool. We always speak Spanish when we are out of the house and we get the WIERDEST looks from people because they can't figure out why we aren't just speaking English. Everyone trys to give us directions because they think we are tourists but we think.... who would go on vacation to Mezapa? Mezapa is our life. We don't need directions. haa.

Henry. So we got this super cute shasta cell phone. We can't talk on it in the middle of the road so we were hiding. I was standing there waiting and this man came out of his house and asked me if I had something he could read. I thought, "Something you can read? What?"I thought I had misunderstood him because nobody ever just asks you for a pamphlet about your church, but it is true!  He wanted something about our church. I talked to him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then Hermana O got off the phone and Henry asked, "Do you guys have time right now to teach me?" DO WE HAVE TIME TO TEACH YOU???!?!??! So we taught him. He told us he doesn't go to a church because it's his goal to find the right one. I'm pretty sure my jaw was dragging in the dirt. We are going to teach him again this week.  Wonderful blessings!

I have had a wierd, awful stomach pain for the past two weeks. The mission nurse thinks it's H. Pylori. That's exciting.

The branch has saved up their money for a year and now they're all leaving Wednesday morning at 3 AM to take a bus to the temple. They are so excited. Our investigator, Luis, is going with them. He will get baptized this Saturday and we are so excited for him.

One time this week there were these three ladies.  I asked them their names and one said," Maria." Then the next one said,  "Maria," and then the next one said, " Maria!" Ha! That's not the first time that's happened.

Speaking of Maria's...Maria Juaquina didn't get baptized this Saturday because a member told her false information  about the temple and baptisms for the dead. Also 20 years ago the branch president was stealing tithing money and the rumor still circulates around this little town. Basically we took a huge step backwards, but we are working really hard with her. Luis heard the same rumors because he's good friends with Maria but his testimony was strong enough to pull him through, and he's getting baptized this weekend! 

This is funny. Hermana Bautista has a cousin who just built a new house. He had his pastor from this other church come over and bless his house.  H. Bautista was telling us the story of what it was like. Basically the pastor blessed a water bottle, poked holes in the top, and then sprayed the whole house, including the people in it with water. That was a cool story. She was laughing so hard. She thought it was so weird. She's a recent convert and she wondered...does our church do that?

Everyone read D&C 130:2 . It makes me think of hanging out with all of my favorite people in heaven. Actually, it really just reminds me of Scott Pot driving everyone nuts and the boys making everyone laugh up in heaven after this life.

It seems like you all have had an awesome week.... graduations and grandmas funeral. Glad to hear it.

Well, I love you guys! The church is true and I love this great work of salvation.

Hermana Saylin

No comments:

Post a Comment