Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I literally can not believe how fast the time is going. How can we already be in the next transfer??!

Okay, I am  SO upset that I never got the email about Grandma dying... It has been almost 10 days since she died and I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT. When was her funeral?? I am not super sad that she died because she really was ready to go and I know she's probably running around in heaven baking those super yummy cookies. She isn't just sitting around not being able to do much anymore. I am sad that I didn't know about it for this long and couldn't think about her whenever her funeral was! How was it? Were you guys with her when she died? What was it like? Who was there? I want details! She was an amazing woman and I love her so much! I wonder what that moment was like when she got to see Grandpa again. She is probably having a wonderful time preaching the gospel just like I am! Maybe she's even teaching people who have family living in Mezapa, Honduras!

This week we had a Multi Zone Conference! It was really awesome and seriously so many memories from THSM came running back. I miss that mission. It will ALWAYS have a place in my heart. I wear my Texas ring every day here in Honduras and think about the THSM glory days every day. President read the email that Hermana Rosales wrote to him about Maria Juaquinas dream in Zone Confrence! It was so awesome. Everyone was super suprised. We were happy. He also read about 7 other president emails about dreams that investigators have had. These people really do have cool dreams and receive a ton of revelation from these dreams.

Another miracle that happened in our mission is that there was a 9 year old girl who came from a family of 12. She hadn't been baptized but her entire family was inactive. She went looking for the missionaries and told them she wanted to be baptized. She then reactivated her whole family of 12 all in a matter of 2 weeks. Just goes to show you that it doesn't matter how young you are or how insignificant you feel. You can be POWERFUL with the Lord on your side.

I don't know the entire story but an elder in our mission got bit by a monkey. I don't know the whole story but I am pretty sure it's awesome.

This week has been one of SICKNESS in our companionship. Honduras does weird things to your tummy...and also I have heat rash all over my neck and it's super hideous and totally itchy. Cute huh? Hahahh No, but hey we are alive and working hard and loving every minute.


Have you guys gotten a chance to look at Hermana Kleins blog?? Super cute! I think there are pics from Zone Confrence up. (themissionpresidentswife.blogspot.com I think is her blog.)

Oh, this is exciting. I think we have bedbugs because I have millions of bites all over my body. Oh Honduras. I love you.

Sometimes i just want to yell at people. Here we are offering them a BEAUTIFUL ETERNITY and they won't accept it because they want to make tortillas Sunday morning instead of going to church. Seriously I just want to be like "What are you thinking??? When you get to heaven and God says, 'What did you do with your time on earth that was more important than saving your own soul?'  I hope you remembered to make a few tortillas for God so you can just hand Him one in that moment and He can just take a bite and say 'Enter into my Kingdom, your tortillas have saved your soul.'"
 YEAHHH NOOOO.... but seriously their tortillas are amazing. They really could get you through the Pearly Gates of Heaven. Hahah no just kidding. But they are good.

Yesterday we were a little late for church so I was just trying to find a seat really quickly. I scooted past 2 girls, a crying baby, a dog, 3 bags and sat down. Then during the last talk I realized that I probably should have thought it was weird that there was a dog in sacrament meeting, but it took me about 25 minutes to even think twice about it. I think it's safe to say I have adjusted to life in Honduras.

Coolest moment of my week? Maria Juanquina didn't get baptized this week ): We changed the date to the 31st but it's actually a good thing because we found out that Luis isn't a member! The church can't find his records so he gets to be baptized with Maria Juaquina and they are really good friends. Tania, the daughter of Maria Juaquina is 14 and she is going to be baptized as well with them. We are going to have a great baptism this week if all goes as planned! I really have come to love them, with all of my heart!!!  Anyway, the cool thing is that Maria was really doubting if Joseph Smith was a prophet and if she needed to be baptized this upcoming Saturday. We were surprised because she has been so solid ever since we found her, but we decided to have a kneeling prayer with her. We knelt on her dirt floor in her cute little hut and as the rain poured down on her tin roof she humbly asked God if Joseph Smith was a prophet and if she needed to get baptized in His church. After the prayer we all just stayed there kneeling for about 5 minutes in silence. She had these big ol' tears rolling down her cheeks. I'm not kidding...I will never be the same.

This church is real. It holds all the truth and the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. All it takes is one prayer with real intent and anyone can know that this church is true.

Basically everyone calls me Hermana Ashcraft because she was the last Gringa in Mezapa for about 7 months .The whole little city of Mezapa knew her. The other day two 5 year old twin girls came running after me yelling Hermana Ashcraft! It turns out their family was taught forever ago but the sisters had dropped them. We went and taught a lesson to their family and we are going back this week. We will see how it goes. Maybe they have changed! Their little girls are seriously SO CUTE. Everyone knows these twins because they have green eyes but they are Honduran. Super pretty.

Maria Juaquina reminds me so much of Grandma Rose. I am so serious. They are about the same height and they are both that super, super sweet spirit that would never say anything bad about anyone. Super loving. Super graceful. I'm not kidding. I love Maria just because she is like my grandma. I put my arm around her the other day and I felt like I was hugging Grandma Rose. I LOVE YOU GRANDMA ROSE!

Maria's mom is dying ): She lives across the street. We brought the Elders over to give her mom a blessing and it was awesome. I put my arm around Maria while we were standing around (because they don't have furniture to sit on) during the blessing. She was sobbing and she just leaned into me and held my hand. I love her!

The Bautista family is awesome. They taught me how to make tortillas this week. Super cool. That's what the pictures are of on dropbox.

Okay, LOVE YOU GUYS. The church is true.
Hermana Saylin


No comments:

Post a Comment